Breg Thruster RLF Arthritis Knee Brace
Clinically proven to provide pain relief.* This single-upright OA brace provides the greatest amount of OA correction on the market. The unique design of the hinge allows for 36° of brace angulation. This allows the brace to unload knee joints that have excessive tissue. It can be made to unload the medial or lateral compartment of the knee.
*Komistek, Richard D. Ph.D., Director, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Nadaud, Matthew C. MD; Dennis, Douglas, A. MD; Anderle, Matthew R.; Kubo, Matthew B. “In Vivo Three Dimensional Determination of OA Brace Effectiveness: A Multiple Brace Analysis.” American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, February 2005.
- Bledsoe's "Dynamic Bracing" innovation of removing side thrust as the knee moves into flexion
- The Dynamic Bracing has been enhanced by posterior hinge positioning
- The femoral tibial shells have been redesigned to be ergonomically more comfortable on legs
- Short version available for people under 5'6", and an athletes version slimmer calf muscle
- All adjustments of the hinge can now be made without any tools
Common Examples of Use
- Unicompartmental OA
- Meniscal instabilities
- Hinge is on involved side of knee, pulling vs. pushing to relieve joint pain
- Up to 36° degrees of correction
- Recommended for patients with redundant soft tissue
- Unloads in a 4-point load system